Monday 24 March 2014

High Tide 03:28 (2.30m)
Low Tide 09:23 (0.90m)
High Tide 15:52 (2.20m)
Low Tide 22:04 (0.80m)
Sea temperature: not taken for a while now - will remedy tomorrow
Sea conditions: good
Weather: sun, light breeze, frost
Joined by: I swam on my own today but yesterday it was the boys and me, with The Artist joining briefly on her early morning constitutional.
Topics of conversation:
The equinox and the clocks - it's that time of year when we get all giddy with the excitement of the new season and I'd had a wonderful experience of finding a group of druids on the doorstep of the hut yesterday, conducting an equinox celebration with lanterns, herbs, incense and music. They were very apologetic about using our space, but I was rather pleased that they had chosen the spot and asked them to look after the hut and include it in their celebration and when I came down to change this morning they'd left me an offering of some flowers tied up with ribbon. A good start to the day, and what with the weather being crisp and clear I found a spring in my step that I hadn't expected on a Monday. The sea was calm and a bit murky, but it feels as if it may be warming up a little too. There had been discussion about the clock change yesterday and we all have different views on it, but I found something on social media which summed up my view, supposedly attributed to a Native American elder: Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it on to the bottom of a blanket and get a bigger blanket. 
Luna watched me from the shore very intently this morning so I went back in with my phone to take this - my regular view of the beach from the sea.
Yesterday we'd discussed DK's success at the village hall quiz, he'd been dreading it but the team won. Apparently a slight feud has now started because the person who set the questions for the music round got one of the answers wrong, and if anyone would know, DK would know. The quiz master hadn't set them himself and so contacted the man who had, who refused to accept he was wrong and cast doubt upon DK's mental capacity... eek. I can see this one running and running. 
We'd also discussed The Pirate's Eeyore tendencies again as he'd demonstrated them perfectly to his wife; she'd offered to get him bananas from the shop and his first response had not been "thank you, that's kind - I'd love some bananas as it's a fast day and I really feel a bit weak", no, he'd remarked "oh, well, I suppose so, but I bet they'll all be green....".

No comments:

Post a Comment