Saturday 15 February 2014

Low Tide 04:45 (0.60m)
High Tide 11:06 (2.30m)
Low Tide 16:42 (0.70m)
High Tide 23:02 (2.50m)
Sea temperature: not taken - too rough

Sea conditions: too rough
Weather: rough, very, very strong wind barreling up the coast from the south
Joined by: The Poet and The LE
Topics of conversation:
Jagger posing
Was it too rough? This was the main topic and it didn't take me long to decide as I was nearly blown over and the sand was hitting the dogs in the face. It wasn't hitting His Magnificence in the face as he is now so enormous and magnificent, but it did make his hair look like waves.
DK and The Poet decided to have a dip and I went off to put some stuff in the hut, which I was shocked to find was shaking in the wind. On my return the boys were attempting to retain some semblance of modesty but their towels were whipping around their waists so I averted my gaze. In doing so I discovered that Mabel had spotted some sea spray and foam rolling up the beach and off she'd flown...Her recall is non existent at the best of times but the wind made our calls pointless and she was like a possessed dog with only a mind to head north with the wind. The river would block her way, was my first thought, but then as I got closer to the river wall I realised that the sand had banked up, creating a perfect slope. If she kept running she'd just go straight of the top, so I started running, with my heart pounding. Fortunately, just as she got to the end she discovered a little sheltered area, where all the foam was collecting and it caught her attention - she was captive in the shallows. I scooped her up, having stupidly set off without a lead, and carried her back to DK, who was walking up the beach with the wind behind him. Even though I didn't get in the sea I got my exercise for the morning. 
I haven't seen the team all week as I've been working and been in London for a couple of days, I'd managed to swim on my own (always with my mind on safety) a couple of mornings, before the others and we'd passed as I'd been going home. On one occasion I'd seen The Pirate who waved and asked "have you warmed it up for us then?!" Hopefully we'll all be back on the same schedule soon as the sun is rising so much earlier. Yesterday's sunrise had been glorious and we like to get in once it's over the horizon, I seem to remember that half term was our moving back to the earlier slot last year. I'll call a conference tomorrow, which is due to be fine, but cold. I must clear out the grate in the sauna too and bring some dry logs in to get it fired up, tomorrow should be perfect.
Me and my shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment