Sunday 12 January 2014

Low Tide 01:20 (1.00m)
High Tide 07:46 (2.20m)
Low Tide13:50 (0.90m)
High Tide 20:28 (2.30m)
Sea temperature: 6.8
Sea conditions: perfect
Weather: perfect
Joined by: Just DK and me today, not even my dogs as Luna is on lead walks following an injury. There were a couple of dog walkers on the beach and Mertz joined us as we were getting dressed, by which time he'd given up on the 'lead walk' I gathered, as she came to meet me at the water's edge. Then The Artist appeared over the dunes, it was lovely to see her too and to see that she had cycled down with her cup of tea. She set off on a walk down the beach as DK and I began to feel the effects of the cold air and rushed to get home before our extremities went numb.

Just a quick post today, as we bumped into The LE and Jagger on our evening walk and promised some pictures, but I also promised not to rub it in as she wasn't here this morning. However... today was the best swim of the year so far, (and actually I think I mean since this time last year for me). It had all the elements I desire; cold, mist, frost, calm water, the sun rising as we went in and water that is still unseasonably warm at 6.8 (6.3 in the shallows, as DK pointed out). I'm not sure it can get any better than this.





No comments:

Post a Comment