Tuesday 8 October 2013

High Tide01:02 (2.60m)
Low Tide07:01 (0.70m)
High Tide13:17 (2.70m)
Low Tide19:26 (0.60m)
Sea temperature: a difference of a degree was finally agreed by DK yesterday, it's between 14.1 and 15.1
Sea conditions: good
Weather: good
Joined by The Usual Suspects and Terri with an i
Topics of conversation:
Apple chutney - The Pirate's Wife has had some of our cooking apples and today I reaped the benefits, she's been busy making apple chutney and kindly gave me a jar in return. It looks pokey, there's lots of mustard seed in it and it's got a lovely golden glow. It's probably best to wait till their son's deli is open again tomorrow so that I can get some decent cheese to do it justice.
Homeland - DK knows I'm a fan and he also knows I don't watch it till Tuesdays so he teased me all morning with giving away plot lines, I spent some time with my hands over my ears going lalalalalalalalalalalalalala, I'm avoiding all spoilers, so I may have missed a number of topics of conversation... The Bridge Captain hasn't seen the first series and so we all recommended it to her, but she simply can't start straight in to series 3. DK is also a huge Breaking Bad fan and has got ahead of me as I've been giving it a break, I remembered I'd promised to put this up for him. Hopefully it'll cheer up The Viking too as he's laid up with a nasty Achilles injury, there was lots of cringing and wincing as we discussed the pain he must be in.
The LE was delighted that one of her sisters, Terri with an i, had made it to swim with her this morning, she didn't squeal too much as she went in either, they're a hardy bunch.

The beautiful morning weather chased away the Black Dog
Not the Black Dog
DK and The LE had not been able to hang around on Sunday but the rest of the group really made the most of the weather, eating leftovers from The Artist's party and drinking coffee on the beach. The Norwegian was here for the weekend and swam with glee as she did last visit. We've given her the responsibility of bringing nice weather, which she always seems to do and have requested a visit mid February. It was so unseasonably warm that I had a second swim at about 11am, then lay in the sun thinking this might be the last chance to get some vitamin D. The breakfast menu was pretty spectacular: 
Smoked salmon blinis, brown shrimp, broad bean puree and boar pate crostinis, figs wrapped in palma ham with goat cheese and applekake.
The Bridge Captain's visiting dogs were hoping they might be included...



No comments:

Post a Comment