Thursday 20 June 2013

Low Tide01:56 (0.70m)
High Tide08:36 (2.30m)
Low Tide14:19 (0.90m)
High Tide20:37 (2.30m)
Sea temperature: 14.7
Sea conditions: good
Weather: grey but warm 
Joined by: The Usual Suspects and friends of Sara and The Poet with their 2 small children and one small dog
Topics of conversation:
The Pirate's haircut - the point had been made that he no longer looked like a bona fide pirate and I don't think I've ever seen his ears before, but the most surprising element is the The Pirate's Wife seems to approve. This was not expected as she is fond of his long tousled, pirate-esque locks. Goodness only knows what Abs will say when she sees him - she calls him Marilyn.
It was The Poet's turn to have a birthday this morning and he greeted us on the beach with a pop of a cork and some fizz, as is traditional in their family. 
 As I hadn't had any breakfast, hadn't had a drink for 2 weeks and had to drive to work in an hour I only had a small toast, but it was rather a lovely way to start the day. The Pirate doesn't drink alcohol habitually and worked out that the last glass of fizz he had was probably at The Poet's last birthday, as tomorrow is Midsummer we may have to change all that and crack open another... DK and I attempted a cod scandinavian midsummer song, and carefully were ignored, but I promised to put this link up for him.


Or there's always the Ikea commercial (banned)
By stark contrast I'm planning to celebrate the solstice with some solitary sun salutations on the beach before I swim, there's just not enough Viking in me... 




No comments:

Post a Comment