Saturday 18 May 2013

High Tide05:10 (2.00m)
Low Tide10:16 (1.10m)
High Tide16:56 (2.20m)
Low Tide23:26 (0.80m)
Sea temperature: 10.5
Sea conditions: Deep and murky
Weather: grey and murky, creeping cold
Joined by: Sara and The Poet
Topics of conversation:
Rabbits -  I'd been in the hut first thing, when Luna and Willow came tearing in - I thought it was because they heard the biscuit barrel being opened - but when I looked round Luna deposited a dead (well almost) rabbit at my feet. The Poet said I should be grateful to her for bringing me food but I don't care for rabbit for breakfast. They were very pleased with themselves and it is the 3rd one they've caught by the huts this week, so I guess I am grateful as there is a concern that they will destroy the ridge which protects the huts, and ultimately the village, from sea surges.
Why are you not grateful?
Drinking in the local - we'd had a lovely evening celebrating with Sara, very relaxed, lovely atmosphere, wonderful company, great conversation and delicious humous. We all love our local, we're so lucky to have such a great place in the village but we discussed price of the drinks, 5 glasses of wine and a bottle of beer - £36. The owner is a friend and we'd had a text exchange first thing about the delicious humous and she'd asked how she could encourage more 'regular regulars', the true answer is that getting a cheap house wine in would help for those of us who'd struggle to pay for a couple of rounds for 6 people on a regular basis. We hadn't been late and I'd surprised to find that Mertz was in bed snoring when I got home, he'd been out with a football friend to another pub in the neighbouring village and clearly the wine there is considerably cheaper...
The Local 



No comments:

Post a Comment