Monday 13 May 2013

High Tide01:17 (2.30m)
Low Tide06:58 (0.80m)
High Tide13:21 (2.40m)
Low Tide19:27 (0.60m)
Sea temperature: not taken
Sea conditions: very low, a long wade out
Weather: windy, sun trying to break through
Joined by: Sara and The Poet, The Light Entertainment
Topics of conversation:
Luke
We'd had interesting weather all weekend and I'd been about a third of the way through a long walk when the heavens had opened and I'd turned to shorten the walk as I passed Sara and The Poet's house. As I got to the marsh the rain turned to hail and the dogs ran into the reeds for shelter, refusing to come out. It's May for crying out loud, I wasn't dressed for it. I started running, they finally followed and we made it as far as the pub just as it turned back into rain, heavy very wet rain. The dogs ran in to the bar and so I followed them, as you do, looking like a drowned rat. I'm not enamoured by the new bar manager who didn't wrap me in a towel, give me a hug and a pint Adnams as Luke would have. I miss him. He's due home next weekend, it's not a moment too soon.

There was more chat yesterday about the Black Dog Deli opening soon, in fact it's been the talk of the town. A friend emailed me this morning saying that he was looking forward to it and that we'd all be fatter but happier as a result, and there's an article on the village website now: Black Dog Article 

The Light Entertainment's new swimming shoes still haven't come, she's very disappointed. The Artist had received hers on Saturday and been down to try them out yesterday, they are indeed very pink and we joked that as the two of them are tap dancers we must have a beach performance. If there is I promise there will be pictures.
Sara and I discussed the condition of Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and the obsession with make up and hair at length. It was bizarre to be talking about people whose lives are ruled and often ruined by their need to achieve a kind of unreal perfection in their everyday appearance as we sat in our swimsuits/wetsuits, make up free and goose fleshed with hair in disarray first thing in the morning. 
DK and I made plans for me to meet No.1 son in a lay-by this evening, which is not as dodgy as it sounds. We're going to see Yoann Lemoine or Woodkid perform in Norwich, and I'll be half way there already. I'd been able to play music loud for the first time in ages this weekend as Mertz was away, and had the album on repeat, it's a big sound and needs to be as loud as possible so I'm intrigued to see what he can do in the venue, which is not big. He has been touring with a full orchestra and visuals on large screens so either it'll be scaled down or the experience will be even more amplified. 



No comments:

Post a Comment