Saturday 30 March 2013

Low Tide06:10 (0.40m)
High Tide12:22 (2.50m)
Low Tide18:22 (0.50m)
Sea temperature: 3.2
Sea conditions: not great, but swimmable
Weather: bitter, snow started as we were getting dressed
Joined by: Sara
Topics of conversation:
Fifty shades of grey - we agreed that we could do a picture book (no, not that kind of picture book) from photos taken over the last few weeks, there have been so many shades of grey that we'd need a sequel and another edition for the fifty shaded of brownish greys.
Today's grey
Throughout the swim there were so many DK and The Pirate play on word jokes and songs that I'm going to have to get them to write a list to share, I do remember The Pirate discussing the options for shopping in Thailand and as our village shop used to be called the Tuck Shop he wondered if our local market stall might be called the Tuk Tuk Shop... I blotted my copy book by saying that something they were singing sounded like the theme tune to The Flinstones, it transpired that it was one of DK's own compositions. They were still singing as we left the car park, something about seven and heaven, as we'd been discussing bad rhyme. Mertz had been to dinner at DK's when I was sick and there had been a discussion about bad rhyme in songs with another musician and two comedy writers, DK couldn't remember which rhyme Mertz had tried to pass off: Adrian Gurvtz - Gonna Write a Classic
Gonna write a classic
Gonna write it in an attic
Babe, I'm an addict now
An addict for your love
I was a stray boy
And you was my best toy
Found it easy to annoy you
But you were different from the rest
And I loved you all the wrong ways
Now listen to my say
If it changed to another way
Would the difference make it
Would it be a classic
I gotta send it right away

Expressing my words
One bridge at a time
Then tearing them up
'Cause they never rhyme
Alone in my room
So far from your love
Whatever I write
That's not good enough
And it's not what I mean
I mean it's not what it seems
I just keep living for dreams

At least he admits it doesn't rhyme in the second verse - classic/attic and love/enough, nice. The Pirate bumped into the comedy writer on the way back, we hadn't met before so I introduced myself and she said "Oh, yes, we met you at DK and Legs's house when you weren't there..."

No comments:

Post a Comment