Saturday 12 January 2013

Low Tide04:24 (0.50m)
High Tide10:41 (2.60m)
Low Tide16:38 (0.70m)
High Tide22:47 (2.70m
Sea temperature: 5.2
Sea conditions: gentle waves
Weather: bitter wind but not as cold as forecast
Joined by: No one - just DK and I today
Topics of conversation:
I'd forgotten my towel - DK was dismayed and appalled that I would get dressed wet so when we finally got out of the water he insisted on my sharing his towel - that's what friends are for!
Yesterday we' been joined by the manonabeach again - he's back in East Anglia and as I'd been in a rush and the others were late I'd swum on my own but it was not my kind of sea, there was a massive undertow. The dogs had been guarding my stuff when I went in and as he came on to the beach they went bonkers so it was a little scary at first to see someone I couldn't recognise standing there, but once I'd realised who he was and I was rather relieved to know there was someone there, not that I'd have expected him to rescue me. He asked if he could do an interview 'What does the beach mean to you?' but I had to get off to have blood tests so once The Poet, Sara and DK were there he managed to persuade The Poet to be filmed so I await that with interest.
Tarantino - DK had seen Django Unchained last night and we discussed the Marmite effect of Quentin Tarantino, i.e. you either love him or hate him. We have one of each in our house, and I'm looking forward to seeing it although his outburst on the news the other day has turned me off him considerably. Admittedly it wasn't a great interview by any stretch, and I can see his point but he did behave like a brat, with no charm or respect.

Varg Veum - Mertz was given the DVD's of this series for Christmas by his brother and whilst these are the early ones and a little clunky I thoroughly enjoyed 'Midsommer Murders' in Norway last night. It's really nicely shot and the lead is male and gorgeous, which makes a change from all the other Scandi dramas The Swimmers are hooked on. I suspect I'll have to lend this to The Pirate's Wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment