Saturday 8 September 2012

High Tide03:51 (2.30m)
Low Tide09:40 (1.00m)
High Tide16:19 (2.20m)
Low Tide22:01 (1.10m)
Sea temperature: not taken
Sea conditions: the clearest any of us had seen. 
Weather: sunny, still, warm.
Joined by Sara and The Poet, Mertz
Topics of conversation:
The water and its clarity - standing in the water, up to your neck, you could see your feet. It might help that the stone in my toe ring was catching the light but I really could see my feet for the first time. Ever. We tried to convince ourselves that we were in the Caribbean but neither the water temperature nor our lack of tan would let us get away with that. 
The Pirate's trip to the Paralympics today, they are so excited that it wasn't till yesterday evening that I got the call to ask for dog sitting services (well not sitting exactly - just walking and feeding). I hope they've travelled light, it has turned out to be one of the warmest days of the year.
As it was so warm and clear and calm we all decamped to the beach hut for coffee and fruit after our swim, except The Pirate - busy busy. Mertz and I stayed till 11, soaking up the totally different atmosphere, now that the schools have gone back. A fishing boat was slowly making its way across the bay with the seagulls flying after them as they gutted the fish, but as they got parallel with us I noticed that the seagulls had all landed in the water and were hanging about by the boat with less interest, so I got the binoculars out and saw that they had weighed anchor and were having breakfast too.

No comments:

Post a Comment