Friday 13 January 2012


High Tide00:37 (2.60m)
Low Tide07:01 (0.50m)
High Tide13:12 (2.40m)
Low Tide18:54 (0.80m)
Sea temperature: 5.6
Sea conditions: calm with a gentle swell
Weather: cold, frosty, clear.
Joined by: no one
Topics of conversation:
The Pirate's return - We're not sure when he's back and as he's on a silent retreat and doesn't use a mobile so we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully he'll be back tomorrow. The forecast is for mist in the morning so I may take my camera for a trip up the estuary and swim later though.
The weather was a major topic of conversation for us today as there has been such a drop in temperature - the decimal point has moved as this morning's air temperature was 1.1 degrees as DK left home. We're starting to instigate cold weather measures. I've been given a wonderful hand warmer for Christmas by my mother-in-law, I went to set it up but it takes fuel and her personal shopper forgot, so I'll have to get some for the weekend. The furry boots are out, as are the thick socks and Luna has her coat on. DK's snood/balaclava was rolled higher than usual too.
Oh the elegance of the North Sea swimmer!





DK, Legs and I had all had a bad night (not together you understand), and none slept well. Legs and I had both had vivid dreams and DK told me that hers had involved scary polar bears. Neither of us understand dream interpretation theories so we didn't attempt to analyse Legs but we agreed that the dream you are having when you are woken by a noise or alarm is the most clear. I'd had one of these, in it the whole of the harbour and marsh fields had been taken over by a huge fun fair, complete with carousels, helter skelters and an enormous space ship style ride. It was warm and sunny and the fair was teeming with people. I'd bumped into an old friend who I was afraid I'd never see again, who'd been taken there as a birthday treat and we both became kids again, with not a care in the world. It was a shame to wake to find no dodgems down by the river.  Legs's dream sounded less fun so I texted when I got home to see if the polar bears had gone yet but apparently there's still one in the garden as I type. She's going to send Mabel out to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment