Thursday 22 December 2011


Low Tide
01:21 (0.90m)
High Tide
07:37 (2.50m)
Low Tide
13:58 (0.70m)
High Tide
20:26 (2.40m)

Sea temperature/conditions: Calm, and feeling much warmer
Weather: Slight breeze, sunny
Joined by: The Shaman - The Pirate is away
Topics of conversation:
The solstice - which was yesterday. Having planned to salute the sun as we did in the summer, The Pirate had made me have second thoughts, being versed as he is in all things eastern. He was concerned that the cosmic 'fluences would be disturbed by the Gayatri Mantra and sun salutations at the close of the day and I had missed the sunrise due to power cuts and Mother. It all worked out for the best; just as I was about to leave for the beach this morning The Shaman sent me a text and so she and I went down to salute the sun as it rose. She brought her own ritual, which she shared with me and I completed a number of salutations, which the dogs got involved in too. (I wanted to put the recording of the mantra with a video clip here but have discovered that my old version of iMovie has been screwed by my latest upgrade so I can't edit video at the moment, hours have been spent trying to get everything aligned - but clearly my technology is not in line with the sun's axis...).
Today's sunrise



Today's sunset
DK and I had a wonderful swim after the salutations, the temperature has risen we are sure, and we then talked in a very grown up fashion (for us) about religion and spirituality, which is far too bizarre and personal to go into here. Suffice to say that we both agreed that the sea provides us both with the kind of constant solace that others find elsewhere, just when we need it most.

STOP PRESS: You Tube and I are back on talking terms:



No comments:

Post a Comment